NEW MASKING STATUS AT CHRIST LUTHERAN: Optional but encouraged.
CDC STATUS FOR FREDERICKSBURG: Green
The Reopening Team voted to move Christ Lutheran to “masks optional but encouraged” status when in our building. This change went into effect on March 2, 2022.
Please note that transmission in our region has entered the new green (low) phase. Infection remains possible, and hospitalizations as well as severe cases and deaths continue. When the community level is low:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines.
- Get tested if you have symptoms.
- People may choose to mask at any time. Please respect their privacy and choice.
- People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.
- If you are immunocompromised:
- Have a plan for rapid testing if needed (e.g., having home tests or access to testing).
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you are a candidate for treatments like oral antivirals, PrEP, and monoclonal antibodies, as well as other health measures available to you.
FOR YOUR SAFETY: If you have health concerns or immunity issues, you are highly encouraged to consult your
physician(s) for guidance. You might like to participate through our livestream worship services or wear a mask
when in our building for any event or worship service.
FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL: Please do not attend worship whenever you have COVID-like symptoms of any kind.
You could unintentionally put someone at risk for a more serious outcome or long haul symptoms than you
yourself might face. There is no way to know who is at greater risk, and it is inappropriate and could be off
putting to ask, so please respect the choices of others – no questions asked. Let’s make everyone feel
comfortable and welcome as best we can.
CLC OFFICE: At this time, please continue to limit your visits to our office, as several of our staff have health
issues putting them at greater risk from the disease if they were to become ill with COVID-19. We thank everyone
for their cooperation and kindness as we have tried our best to navigate safety and welcome for all. If you have
any questions, comments or concerns, please contact the Reopening Team through our office.
PLEASE NOTE: As conditions change, the mask requirement in our building may return as deemed necessary by
the Reopening Team and your Congregational Council.